Submit your photo of the Western Rock Lobster industry and your image could feature in the 2021 WRL Calendar!
WRL is producing our first fishery-themed photo calendar to celebrate our industry and the beauty of life at sea, to inspire and to build an advocate community for the western rock lobster industry.
Open to anyone in the western rock lobster industry, we are looking for photos that represent the aspects of being a lobster fisher and the way of life the fishery represents in a unique or creative manner. Photographs may include lobsters, boats, landscapes and/or people, etc. We welcome images that capture the fishing operation; fishers of all ages; sustainability and technology; culture (community-based work, community events) and anything that tells the story of our industry!
Entries will be shortlisted by the WRL Executive team and winners will be selected by WRL Board.
- High resolution. The images need to be at least 300dpi and minimum 2MB file size.
- Landscape/Horizontal photos are preferred rather than portrait/ vertical (only landscape orientated images will be considered for the 2021 calendar competition)
- File formats accepted are JPG and PNG only.
- You must have taken the image yourself and have ownership of the rights.
- If there are any identifiable individuals within the photograph, permissions need to be given.
As well as their spots on the 2021 calendar, winners also receive:
- WRL polo shirt
- WRL cap
- WRL premium notebook and pen
Every participant will receive a copy of the 2021 calendar that features the top 12 photograph entries.
Winners will receive credit for any photo used in the WRL calendar. If photos are used for other materials, website, social media, etc., credit may or may not be given.
Entries will close on Friday 20 November 2020 and you may enter as many photos as you like. To enter, send us your photo/s via email at email@example.com await for confirmation of their eligibility.
By entering the competition, you are stating that you have secured the necessary permissions for all photo content (including people) and you agree to the use of your photograph/s for printing, website, social media and promotional purposes, including but not limited to the WRL calendar, WRL newsletter and website, without compensation.