The Western Rock Lobster Strategic Plan communicates our Vision, Mission and Objectives so that our members, stakeholders and community can know our future direction as an organisation and what to expect from WRL over the next years.
By 2023, WRL will have the full confidence of government, the community, and members as a well-resourced, self-funded peak body engaged in advocacy and co-management for improved resource security.
Our mission is to ensure that the WRL Fishery is respected and recognised as an iconic global leader in sustainable fisheries management.
Our Key Strategic Objectives
WRL has set the following strategic objectives for 2020- 2023 that build on our past achievements and will support fulfilling our vision going forward:
- Secure resource access rights.
- Ensure WRL is self-funded and well-resourced to deliver high-quality advocacy and co-management of the resource.
- Collaborate and invest in targeted R&D and technology to drive GVP growth and maintain market competitiveness.
- Ensure the social licence to operate is supported by government, community and industry.
- Market diversification and market development.