AMSA have opened consultation on proposed changes to the vessel survey regime arrangements. The AMSA consultation is open until 2 May 2018.
The new reduced survey regime has significant benefits, including:
- reduced periodic survey requirements
- survey requirements based on the level of risk associated with the vessel
- the ability to adjust an individual vessels’ survey requirements
- greater flexibility to reduce out-of-water surveys where a vessel’s risks are managed in other ways
- allowing surveys to be aligned with other vessel maintenance activities
- expanding the non-survey category (under exemption 02)
- expanding the restricted class C operational category (under exemption 40)
- changes to the class survey arrangements
All information on these proposed amendments can be found here.
View the AMSA guidance document here.
Please provide feedback direct to AMSA by 2 May 2018 or send comments to Clare@westernrocklobster.org by 30 April 2018 for submission.