The 2020 West Coast Rock Lobster Annual Management Meetings (AMMs) will be held on Monday, 26 October 2020 in Fremantle and Wednesday, 28 October 2020 in Geraldton. The Industry Consultation Unit (ICU) will facilitate on behalf of the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, there have been limits placed on physical gatherings and all attendees are required to register in advance through the Eventbrite website (links are located below). Once all tickets have been allocated, no other participants will be able to attend the meetings in person.
Please note that there is an option to attend the meetings online. The links to attend the Fremantle and Geraldton meetings via Zoom are below.
- The ICU requests that you register your attendance at one of the below meetings; and
- Attendance is restricted to one representative per MFL; and
- A representative for each MFL may only physically attend one meeting.
Fremantle Annual Management Meeting
Monday 26 October 2020 – 9 am – 4:00 pm
Fremantle Sailing Club, 151 Marine Terrace, Fremantle WA
Map of venue here
Geraldton Annual Management Meeting
Wednesday 28 October 2020 – 9 am – 4:00 pm
Geraldton Universities Centre, 33 Onslow St, Geraldton WA
Map of venue here
It is essential you RSVP via the Eventbrite website by 23 October 2020 if you wish to attend in person.
Receipt of Attendance
Once you have registered your attendance, you will be provided with a receipt confirming your registration. If you are attending, you must provide a copy of the receipt at the meeting in order to enter.
Should you find yourself unable to be in attendance, please lodge a ‘refund’ request through the Eventbrite website, to ensure that your seating allocation can be provided to another Licence Holder.
For those who wish to attend the meeting online please follow the links below:
It is essential you pre-register to attend the meeting via Zoom in order to receive the link and password to join the meeting.
For each meeting, the day’s proceedings are divided into two sessions:
- Morning session (9:00am to 1:00pm) – focused on DPIRD presentations including research, management, compliance and other important issues relevant to the western rock lobster fishery.
- Afternoon session (1:30pm to 4:30pm) – industry session facilitated by the Western Rock Lobster Council. This session will include discussions with licence holders and industry feedback for items such as WRL governance, TACC setting, industry issues, resource management, fishing operations, industry research, and the Strategy for Security, Independence and Community Connection for the Western Rock Lobster Industry (which will be supplied to Members at the start of October).
*Morning tea and lunch will be provided at both meetings.
Agenda and Background Documents
Meeting agenda and DPIRD background papers will be forwarded to you in preparation for the meeting. These documents will be also available via the WRL website.
Should you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to be in touch. The ICU contacts are listed below:
Angus Callander, Executive Officer, phone: 9432 7702, email: email@example.com
Basia Lamb, Executive Assistant, phone: 9432 7711, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation at the meetings.