The Western Rock Lobster Council Inc (WRL) Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at 10 am on Friday 15 October 2021 at the Fremantle Sailing Club, 151 Marine Terrace, Fremantle WA 6160.
Nominations for the election of Directors for 2021 are now open. Directorships are for a two-year term.
The WRL Board consists of:
- Four Northern Zone Directors (previously known as A Zone and/or B Zone)
- Four Southern Zone Directors (previously known as C Zone)
At this 2021 AGM, the following positions will be declared vacant:
- 2 Northern Zone Directors
- 2 Southern Zone Directors
The current Directors in the positions to be declared vacant are:
- Northern Zone –Terry Lissiman AND Justin Pirrottina
- Southern Zone –Brad Arnup AND Clinton Moss
All vacating Directors are eligible to re-nominate.
Western Rock Lobster (WRL) now invites:
- 2 or more eligible nominations for Northern Zone
- 2 or more eligible nominations for Southern Zone
In accordance with the WRL Rules of Association:
- Only Ordinary Members may vote in the election of Directors and an Ordinary Member may vote to elect a Director only in relation to the Zone in which the Ordinary Member holds Units of usual entitlement.
- An Ordinary Member who holds Units of usual entitlement on one MFL for more than one Zone may only vote for a Zone Representative for the Zone in which the Member holds the most Units of usual entitlement.
- Members (Ordinary Members or Associate Members) may only be nominated by Ordinary Members holding an MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the Zone in which the Member is nominating for election as a Zone Representative on the Board.
- Nominees are to notify the Board of their willingness to be nominated and to provide any biographical statements and statements of policies they wish to be distributed to Members.
- Except for appointees under rule 9.1(c) (1) and (2) or 9.2(i) (1) and (2), a person is not eligible for election to membership of the Board unless an Ordinary Member has nominated him or her for election in accordance with the directions for making nominations notified by the Board to Members.
Ordinary Members holding an MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the relevant Zone may nominate themselves for election as that Zone Representative on the Board.
If you are an Associate Member and would like to nominate for a position on the WRL Board, you are required to be nominated by an Ordinary Member holding a MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the relevant Zone that you wish to nominate for.
If you would like to nominate:
STEP 1: Print and complete the nomination form as follows:
Please use ONE of the below forms that is most relevant to your circumstance:
If the MFL is held by an individual (sole proprietor/partnership/discretionary family trust) and you would like to nominate yourself, please use this form by clicking here.
If the MFL is held by a body corporate (Pty Ltd company or Limited Company or Incorporated body) and it would like to nominate an authorised representative, please use this form by clicking here and a letter of authorisation by clicking here.
STEP 2: Each valid nomination for a Director position will be listed on the ballot forms. Each nominee may include on the nomination form a short statement of 200 words or less supporting their nomination which will then be included with the voting papers.
STEP 3: Return the completed nomination form AND the supporting 200-word statement before Midnight, Friday, 10 September 2021 via email to email@example.com
If you are unsure of the nomination process, please feel free to contact us at 9432-7722.
The WRL Rules of Association allow for election by ballot to be conducted prior to the AGM with the election results to be announced at, and take effect from, the AGM. Therefore, the election will be via postal ballot with voting slips sent by conventional mail.
Following the close of voting, WRL’s independent Auditor and Returning Officer Mr Phil Giglia will open all reply-paid envelopes. Mr Giglia will then validate each ballot paper before scrutineering the recording of every vote by the WRL Executive. The election will be decided by the number of votes received at the close of voting.
The declaration of the new Directors will be made at the 2021 AGM to be held on 15 October 2021 and will also be posted on the Western Rock Lobster Council website as soon as possible after the conclusion of the AGM.
Please refer to the following table for the election timeline:
Completed nominations must be forwarded to WRL before Midnight, Friday, 10 September 2021