Recipe: Wild sustainable BBQ rock lobster with salsa verde butter
To support and celebrate MSC Sustainable Seafood Week, renowned chef Guy Turland from Bondi Harvest has shared this Mediterranean inspired recipe using western rock lobster from the pristine waters of WA.
Using MSC certified sustainable Western rock lobster, this recipe can be for the whole family to enjoy at a Christmas time BBQ or perfect for Easter long weekend celebrations.
- 1 western rock lobster, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chili, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice and rind
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 lime
- Make the salsa verde butter by mixing the capers, Dijon, anchovies, garlic, chili, lemon juice, lemon rind and herbs in a bowl until all is combined.
- Next, add soft butter and mix well until everything is incorporated well, then season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the MSC certified sustainable lobster shell side down on the BBQ. Using a spoon, spear flesh with salsa verde butter. Cook for 6 minutes at medium temperature then cover with a lid and cook for another 10 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lime.
RECIPE CREATED BY GUY TURLAND FOR KIDDIPEDIA