Recipe: Grilled Lobster With Spicy Basil Garlic Sauce
It’s officially BBQ season! Celebrate by treating yourself to this Thai-style grilled lobster that is so simple to prepare yet packed with a whole range of exciting flavours!
- 2-3 fresh lobsters (shelled and cleaned)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- A handful of basil leaves (deep fried)
- Spicy basil garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1-2 birds eye chillies
- 2 red chillies (sliced)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- A handful of Thai basil leaves (sliced)
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- A few sprigs of coriander leaves (for dressing)
- 1 lime
- Heat oil in a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and both types of chillies and stir fry until fragrant. Combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce and basil and stir fry for a further minute until well mixed. Add the cornflour mixture and cook until the sauce is thickened. Remove and set aside.
- Rub the salt and pepper onto the lobsters. Grill on charcoal, pan grill or under the broiler for several minutes on each side until cooked. Transfer on serving platter.
- Spread the spicy basil garlic sauce over the grilled seafood. Squeeze lime over lobster. Serve hot and garnish with crispy fried basil leaves and fresh coriander.