Recipe: Lobster & Avocado Salad with Asian Dressing
GFC is helping home cooks prepare their own lobsters from start to finish by releasing recipes for some delicious lobster dishes on WA Crays.
Here is one of their favourite lobster salad recipe they have shared with WRL. It only uses a few ingredients and highlights the fresh lobster, perfect for the warm summer days.
Serves 2 – 15 Minutes
- 1 cooked lobster (approx. 400 – 500 gm)
- 1 avocado, skinned and cut into cubes
- 1 orange or pink grapefruit, cut into segments (all skin and membranes removed)
- mixed soft salad leaves (tatsoi, mizuna, and watercress)
- 3 dessert spoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 3 dessert spoons vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Place rice vinegar, soya sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sugar in a bowl and gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preparing the Salad:
Once cooked, plunge lobster into chilled water to stop the cooking process. (See lobster guide for more information)
Remove chilled meat from shell (see lobster guide page) and slice. You can use the lobster horn and leg meat as well to give your dish that special touch.
If using horn meat, leg meat etc., place in the centre of a plate and add a little dressing.
Gently mix lobster slices, avocado, citrus segments, salad leaves with dressing and place on top.