Recipe: Lobster Pasta with Peas and Potatoes
This homemade lobster pasta recipe comes from this great interview Fremantle fisherman James Paratore did for the Herald a little while ago.
In this opportunity, James shared his dad’s peasant-style recipe Joe’s Pasta, Piselli, Patate for those who want to make a few lobsters go a long way.
“In the old days, this dish was made with whatever was around – peas, potatoes and pasta – and Dad adds some fresh lobster meat which sweetens it – and it will serve six hungry adults easily,” James said.
- Cooked meat of 3 lobsters
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ kilo peas
- 5 potatoes, diced
- 1 tin of peeled diced tomatoes
- 500g sturdy pasta
- olive oil
- Parmesan or Pecorino
- Soften a whole chopped white onion in a decent amount of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half a kilo of peas and five or so potatoes diced.
- Add one tin of peeled diced tomatoes.
- Add meat of three lobsters (more or less).
- Add some water to cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare some pasta in salted water (Dad uses the small shells – about 500g for six people), drain, and add to the stew.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Parmesan or Pecorino and use fresh bread to “mop up the plate”.