Recipe: Lobster Shack Roll
This time, the team at Lobster Shack shows us how to make their famous Lobster Shack Roll at home. It’s super easy to do a steamed lobster if you’re up for the challenge, steaming is very forgiving and it’s almost impossible to overcook it.
- Steamed Lobster meat, roughly chopped (approx 100g per roll).
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- 1 brioche roll
- Parsley, finely chopped to sprinkle
Steaming the Lobster:
- Add 2 inches of salted water to a large stock pot. Choose a pot large enough to hold the lobster/s comfortably.
- Set steaming rack inside the pot, cover and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add the live lobster/s, cover pot, and start timing. Cook according to the time and weight listed below.
- Halfway through, lift the lid and shift the lobster around so it cooks evenly.
- After cooking, leave it to cool without rinsing it.
- 400 gr = 10-12 minutes.
- 500 gr = 12-14 minutes.
- 600+ gr = 14-17 minutes.
Like most seafood, it’s always better to undercook lobsters a little bit as it will continue to cook once removed from the heat.
Making the Roll:
- Pre heat lobster meat into grill for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a long roll in the middle and put aioli sauce, shredded lettuce and sliced of half tomato inside.
- Place lobster meat and a pinch of cheese on the top of the roll.
- Grill it for more 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle fine chopping parsley on the top.
- Served with Cross Trax potato and Tomato sauce.