The Western Rock Lobster Council (WRL) 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled for 10.00 a.m. Wednesday 19 September 2018 at the Geraldton Multipurpose Centre, 254 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530. AGM registration opens at 9.30 a.m. and the meeting commences at 10.00 a.m.
Nominations for the election of Directors were opened on 1 August 2018 for one A Zone representative, one B Zone representative and two C Zone representatives. When nominations closed on 17 August 2018;
- Peter Bailey was the only nomination received for the one vacant position in Zone A.
- Robbie Glass was the only nomination received for the one vacant position in Zone B.
- There were three nominations received for two vacant positions in Zone C. The candidates in order of nominations received are Kim Colero, Peter Stanich and Fedele Camarda.
The new WRL Rules of Association allow for election by ballot to be conducted prior to the AGM with the election results to be effective from the AGM. As per the Rules, postal ballot papers were sent on 21 August 2018 to MFL holders with Zone C units of usual entitlement. The election closing time and date is set for 4.00 p.m. on Monday 17 September 2018. Ballot papers received by WRL after this time shall be deemed invalid.
Following the close of voting, WRL’s independent auditor and returning officer Mr Phil Giglia will open all replied paid envelopes and separate any consent forms from ballot papers. Mr Giglia will then validate each ballot paper before scrutineering the recording of every vote by the WRL Executive. The election will be decided by the number of votes received at the close of voting. Mr Giglia will declare the result of the election with the announcement of the two elected Directors to be made at the 2018 AGM on 19 September 2018. The election result will also be posted on the WRL website as soon as possible after the conclusion of the AGM and all Members will be notified by email or post shortly thereafter.
Please click the below links for your information:
- Notice and Agenda of 2018 Annual General Meeting
- Proxy Forms
- Geraldton Multipurpose Centre Directions and Parking
- Discussion paper for voting eligibility for future AGMs (provided by Nic Sofoulis for discussion at the Open Industry Forum)
- WRL Financial Report for the year ended 30 June 2018
- 2017 Annual General Meeting Draft Minutes
Hard copies of the above documents will be available at the AGM. The above AGM pack (excluding the Financial Report and 2017 Draft Minutes) was sent by mail on Monday, 3 September 2018 to Members whose e-mail address is not registered with WRL.
Please note that according to the WRL Rules of Association, Rule 15.7(b) states that “a Member which is a body corporate may appoint in writing a natural person to represent it at a particular General Meeting or at all General Meetings”. Please use the “Appointment of Corporate Representative” form if you are representing an MFL holder that is a body corporate (i.e. an entity whose legal name ends with Pty Ltd, Ltd or Inc.).
If an individual MFL holder or partnership wants to appoint a representative or the WRL Chair as a proxy then please use the “Appointment of Proxy” form.
If you require any further information, please contact the WRL CEO, Matt Taylor on 9432 7721 or email email@example.com