The Western Rock Lobster (WRL) Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled to be held at the Geraldton Multipurpose Centre, 254 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530 on Wednesday, 19 September 2018 at 10.00 am. (Click here for venue map and parking directions)
Nominations for the election of Directors for 2018 are now open. Directorships are for a two year term.
The election will be conducted on a zonal basis:
A Zone fishers have Two positions on the board.
B Zone fishers have Two positions on the board.
C Zone fishers have Four positions on the board.
This year there are: 1 A Zone; 1 B Zone; and 2 C Zone positions that are declared vacant. The Directors to vacate their directorships are:
- A Zone – Peter Bailey
- B Zone – Robbie Glass
- C Zone – Kim Colero AND Nic Sofoulis
Please note that all vacating Directors are eligible for renomination.
Western Rock Lobster (WRL) seeks:
- 1 or more Zone A nominations to fill the 1 vacancy arising
- 1 or more Zone B nominations to fill the 1 vacancy arising
- 2 or more Zone C nominations to fill the 2 vacancies arising
In accordance with the WRL Rules of Association (approved by Members at the Special General Meeting held on 19 July 2018):
- Only Ordinary Members (MFL Holders) may vote on the election of Directors and an Ordinary Member may vote to elect a Director only in relation to the Zone or Zones in which the Ordinary Member holds Units of usual entitlement.
- An Ordinary Member who holds Units of usual entitlement on one MFL for more than one Zone may only vote for a Zone Representative for the Zone in which the Member holds the most Units of usual entitlement.
- Only Ordinary Members holding a MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the relevant Zone may nominate Members for election as a Zone Representative on the Board for that Zone.
- Nominees to notify the Board of their willingness to be nominated and to provide any biographical statements and statements of policies they wish to be distributed to Members.
- Except for appointees under rule 9.1(c) (1) and (2) or 9.2(i) (1) and (2), a person is not eligible for election to membership of the Board unless an Ordinary Member has nominated him or her for election in accordance with the directions for making nominations notified by the Board to members.
- A person who is eligible for election, or re-election, under this rule may nominate himself or herself for election or re-election if he or she is an Ordinary Member, or the nominated representative under rule 5.8 of a body corporate who is an Ordinary Member.
If you would like to nominate:
STEP 1: Print and complete the nomination form which can be downloaded by clicking here.
STEP 2: Each valid nomination for a Director position will be listed on the ballot forms. Each nominee may wish to include on the nomination form a short statement of 200 words or less supporting their nomination which will then be included with the voting papers.
STEP 3: Return the completed nomination form AND the supporting 200-word statement before Midnight, Wednesday 15 August 2018 via email to email@example.com
The new WRL Rules of Association include the election by ballots and for Members to cast their ballot by electronic or other forms specified by the WRL Board.
Therefore, the election will be via online voting (for those who have registered their email address with WRL) and/or postal ballot (with voting slips sent by conventional mail), the process of which will be communicated to you shortly.
The election will be decided on the number of votes received by the close of the voting. The declaration of the new Directors will be made at the 2018 AGM to be held on 19 September 2018 and will also be posted on the Western Rock Lobster website as soon as possible after the conclusion of the AGM.
Please refer to the following table for the election timeline:
If you require any further information please contact Matt Taylor, Chief Executive Officer on 0438 855 863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed nominations must be forwarded to WRL before Midnight, Wednesday 15 August 2018.